1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

How do I put a new motor in a truck

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by Outlaw19, Sep 8, 2012.

1. Outlaw19

Outlaw19 Member

I have removed my old motor (chevy 350) and now i have a new motor to put in. Any tips when putting the new one in. I noticed the bellhousing bolts were very hard to take out and im thinking they are going to be even harder to get back in. Also when im starting it for the first time what needs to be done.
  2. dpeter

dpeter Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

in the reverse order of removal provided you didn't use a torch to get the old one out. All kidding aside, what are you putting back? Is it used or rebuilt? I hate surprises so I tend to clean and check all fasteners and chase threaded holes with a tap. As for the first start just be sure all things are ready to go just as if you were going to be leaving on a cross country trip, gas, oil, coolant, belts, fan, radiator. I like to run the starter for about ten second or so with the plugs out or until I get proof of oil pressure then put the plugs back and go for start.