1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

How do I remove the EVO from the PS pump?

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by 99ck1500z71, May 2, 2013.

1. 99ck1500z71

99ck1500z71 New Member

Hi. New here.

1999 Chevy CK 1500 "Z71" with LS Trim; three door extended cab; 4WD; Auto / Air, etc.

Replacing the power steering pump. It does have EVO but does not have hydro boost.

Only found one reman pump locally (Cardone) that has the EVO, and need to adjust the position of the solenoid electrical connector and the manifold where the high pressure hose connects. (My solenoid connector's on the bottom, the reman connector is on top. Also, the manifold where the high pressure outlet hose to the steering gear is also positioned directly below the original pump, and the reman is a little higher. Might work, but want it right.)

QUESTION: HOW DO I REMOVE / INSTALL THE EVO ASSEMBLY FROM / TO THE BACK OF THE POWER STEERING PUMP RESERVOIR?

Do I have to remove the clip and go inside the valve to do anything; or do I just put an adjustable crescent on that big hex part of the EVO and push righty-tighty, lefty loosey?

Any hidden pitfalls here? I'm not sure what to wrench on, and I don't want to break the EVO assembly.

If there's already a thread here about this, please let me know.

Thanks!

Pat
    Last edited: May 2, 2013
  2. K15 Blazer Guy

K15 Blazer Guy New Member

there should be a couple bolts/nuts depending on your brackets that hold the pump and reservoir together.
    you do have the old timey metal one still, right?
    pics would help!