1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

how do i tell what suspension on 04 tahoe z71

Discussion in 'Chevy Tahoe Forum (GMC Yukon, Cadillac Escalade)' started by mike042, Sep 6, 2013.

1. mike042

mike042 Member

trying to buy some shocks and looking at them online their asking for different susp pkgs . I don't have air ride. I think it came with off road/tow pkg . are there any codes in vin or glove box that can tell me which pkg?

2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

look at the codes in glove box

Conventional: there are numerous RPO codes for different types of conventional suspensions, the most well known being Z71 and Z66
    Premium Smooth Ride: indicated by the RPO code ZW7.
    Autoride: indicated by the RPO code Z55

- - - Updated - - -

After rereading your post I see that you said that it is Z71. There you go! It has the Z71 suspension package. Almost any truck shock will do. I suggest spending the extra $5 over monro or gabriel and ordering bilsteins from autoanything.com. For my 05 yukon xl they are $72 each

Last edited: Sep 6, 2013