How do you check/clear ABS codes?

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Demick, Nov 29, 2009.

1. Demick

Demick New Member

How do i get rid of the ABS light? truck brakes fine, is there a way to check the code or reset the light. my ODBII scanner shows no DTC's. and even telling it to reset does nothing. Truck brakes fine

Also at the same time the E Brake light came on. Fluid level is almost full so not sure why that would be happening either.

Thanks for your time

2. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

There isn't a scanner on the market that can diagnose an ABS code beside the big boys, such as Tech II or Snap On's GEnesis/Pegasus. I bought the Actron Brakescan tool a few years back, and it diagnoses and clears ABS codes for OBD 2 vehicles. This link will give you the details, and I know it shows it for $300 but I bought mine at Sear's for $179. Hope this helps:

http://www.actron.com/product_detail.php?pid=16349

3. x1LSUTigerfan

x1LSUTigerfan Member

on my buddys 03 avalanche it was a problem they had with the control board and there is nothing wrong with the brakes but the computer board thinks there is the only way to fix is to replace the control board

4. Demick

Demick New Member

borrowed a ABS scanner from my old shop. bam all good. just had a error code from no vacuum from to teh brake booster

5. robroy51

robroy51 New Member