1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

How do you install rear speakers in a 1992 k1500?

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by nick32, Aug 28, 2010.

1. nick32

nick32 New Member

Hi, i just bought a new pair of 4x6 speakers for the rear pillars and i cant figure out how to get to the speakers. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
  2. murdog94

murdog94 New Member 1000 Posts

You will need to remove the plastic cover that is at the rear of the cab (be careful it breaks very very easly), then you need to remove the covers around the door frames, and then the plastic surround unclips from both windows etc...
  3. hawkmoose

hawkmoose New Member

Nick,
    I have the same problem with my 92 extended cab dull. I found a video on You Tube explaining every step and "cautions".
    Be sure to use the "fork type" clip removers to prevent broken keepers and broken plastic. Here is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USdspB67LAA
  4. jsmith4816

jsmith4816 Member

Man do they make Chevys tough lol. Thanks for the vid. A project I am looking to do before winter