1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

How do you remove the radio in a 2008 Silverado?

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by RatRod, Dec 19, 2007.

1. RatRod

RatRod Rockstar 100 Posts

I just got a 6cd radio and want to change it out. Thank you.
  2. RatRod

I have read that the trim pulls of around the radio but I cant seem to pull it off, any hints?
  3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Hmm, sorry can't help you yet with the 2008. What type of dash/trim package do you have, btw? I'll look into it?
  4. RatRod

Work truck. Thank you for checking it out
  5. Rumpamuro

Rumpamuro Rockstar 100 Posts

if your able to post a pic, i would be able to tell you, most likely it has the newer gm style radio, with the big center button for power and volume, and on the screen you can preset am and fm channels as favs? if this sounds like it then theres about 6 or 8 clips on the dash panel you need to pry off thats why it probably seems like it doesnt wanna come off, after you do get it off, theres four 7mm bolts that have to come off and if its the same as the truck ive worked on, the hvac controls need to come off first, (2 7mm bolts) and then you can wire up your new one (Y)