How do you reset the tpms on 2008 chevy

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by buddy4338, Aug 4, 2009.

1. buddy4338

buddy4338 New Member

Does anyone know how to reset the tire pressure monitoring system on a 2008 silverado? My light came on two days ago. I checked tire pressure and added a little air to each. All tires are at about 38 pounds but the light is remaining on. Any ideas?

2. anthonyl9

anthonyl9 Rockstar 100 Posts

Did this on my Colorado. It was outlined in the manual. Someting like, (may be different in your vehicle) put on E brake, turn the acc on, and turn the light switch to off 3 times, you will hear the horn chirp, then you are ready to release some air from the tires starting fropm the driver front and working your way around back to driver rear. when youy let air out of the tire, wait 10 seconds, hear the horn chirp and it has recognized that sensor. this did it for me, again it was outlined in teh manual very clearly

good luck

3. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

i say take it to the dealership, its under warranty so let them deal ith it, could be something else within the system malfunctioning

4. Jimmiee

Jimmiee Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Ditto, take it in as there an electrical problem. One of the sensors is probably defective.

5. Darknesss23

Darknesss23 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

did you try that button used to reset your trip mileage?