How do you take out the tail gate bow tie on a 2010 silverado??

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by 10silverado3, Oct 2, 2010.

1. 10silverado3

10silverado3 New Member

have two new bow ties on the way. know how to get the front one out just need to figure out the easiest way to get the tailgate bow tie out?? thanks

2. stephan

stephan Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the GM Truck Club. Don't want you to think we're all ignoring you 10Silverado3, but your's is the first que. I've seen about this. I don't know, but somebody will be along who has knowledge.

3. AllBlkdOut07

AllBlkdOut07 Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

Take a thin piece of fishing line, slip it behind the emblem and pull it back and forth with both hands. You need to cut the double stick tape behind it, that's how they're held on. Clean up with goo gone(goof off) of better yet get a 3M rubber eraser wheel attachment for your drill.

4. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

you can use a hair dryer to heat up the adhesive and make it easier to work with. Recommend you do it on a relatively warm day, cuz removing emblems/ moldings when its cold out is a royal PIA haha.

5. Bigbomber

Bigbomber Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Hair dryer,fishing line,and goo gone

6. aflumb

aflumb New Member

Im glad someone had the answer to this. cause i was worried that there would be boles behind it. also a thanks

7. Bama Z71

Bama Z71 Rockstar 100 Posts

No holes, just glue , I painted mine black last week , and the temperature was in the 90's , so the glue stayed very sticky. I was able to stick it back to the original glue after I painted it! Acourse it was sitting in the sun the entire time , and I pull on it regulary to check and it's still stuck like it came from the factory! Good luck