1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

How easy is to steal the spare tire from a Silverado?

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Prabie, Jun 15, 2006.

1. Prabie

Prabie New Member

Hi:

I just bought a Silverado and a friend told me that I need to put a chain and a lock around the spare tire because it is very easy to steal it.

I trust GM designers habilities, and considering how difficult is taking the spare tire out of its place even with the right tools, that I don't think it's easy to steal.

┬┐Any comments?

Pedro from Chile
  2. 05chevyguy

05chevyguy New Member

looks pretty hard to me considering that (at least on my truck) nyou have to insert your key into the hole to let your tire down... what year is it?

x
  3. Prabie

Prabie New Member

Mine is a 2002.

Up to my knowledge, the mounting system is the same for all 1999-2005 models

You need a key if you want to remove the wheel normally, but what if you just cut the steel wire that holds it? :?

Pedro from Chile