Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

How easy is to upgrade a base model with features from a high end model ?

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by RodneyB, Mar 25, 2011.

1. RodneyB

RodneyB New Member

Hello,

I have a 99 Suburban 4x4 LS. This truck has a bench seat in front, can I just grab buckets out of another 1992-1999 and bolt them in. Does my suburban already have the bolt holes for buckets even though I have a bench seat?

Did GM also put in electric wiring harness under my carpet if I want to put in electric bucket seats from another 1992-1999 suburban ?

Thanks
    Rodney

2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the club, Rodney. Yes your 'Burb has the holes for bucket seats, but if I remmember the carpeting is cut differant.

3. KidHauler

KidHauler Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Welcome to the Club. I had all of my floor out awhile back, and I don't remember seeing a spare harness (for the seats). I'll check some photos I have to refresh my memory.
    What color is your bench? I might be interested if it's tan....

4. RodneyB

RodneyB New Member

Grey Bench Seat

Hi KidHauler, I have a grey bench seat.

5. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

If you want everything to look right i would go with the buckets and console from a 1995-1999. That way they are from the same deisgn on the interior. if you are bolting in the cosole then everything will look right, and i dont believe there is a harness, however just feel around on the carpet right below the drivers seat since its not to uncommon for things like that to be installed then not hooked up. If not then you can simply run a positive and negative wire from the relay box under the dash (there is an open space to hook it all up)

6. KidHauler

Burb floor.jpg Here is the harness that I found on my floor - one each side. If anyone recognizes this plug as what is attached to their buckets....

Thanks for the seat info, Rodney.

Good luck,

7. murdog94

Yes that is it.

1 person likes this.
  8. KidHauler

Well, there ya go. Good job, murdog!

My truck has the plastic floor, and there is a "X" cut in the floor mat, near the seat frame, to access that plug. I don't know if carpet is set up the same.
    I figure, but don't know, that if the harness is there, than the slot in the fuse block should be there, too. A fuse and a meter would clear that up.

Have fun with your project,

9. murdog94

One note that i did forget to add though is that is for the passenger seat which usually just came with Lumbar, if you happen to find a passenger seat with full power (not likely but there are a few out there) then you may need to get the truck side connector as well to be sure you get the power right. But still quite simple to swap that part over.