1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

How far can this thing go?

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Big Chev, Apr 19, 2008.

1. Big Chev

Big Chev New Member

I have a 1999 Chevy Tahoe with about 150 thousand mile's on it. I know it's not a record, but I am curious to find out is here anybody with crazy miles on there Chevy thats still running with the same factory engine?
  2. 95CTburb19

95CTburb19 New Member 1000 Posts

wellll... I have a 99 sierra with 198,400 miles a 94 with 232,500 miles and 95 with 190,000 miles so yeah they can run for a long long time. :great:
  3. omegafiler

omegafiler New Member

Those 350's are pretty solid engines and should last you quite awhile. In particular if it's been well maintained and taken care of. It's the trans that normally can't keep up. :)

Welcome to the forum, and don't forget the pics!
  4. 91chevy

91chevy New Member

i have a 1991 chevy suburban with 294,000 miles on the original 350
  5. GoFastPadre

GoFastPadre New Member

My 00 Sierra has 227,000 and it uses no oil carries 40+#'s of oil pressure and that is with Mobil ! 5W30 and I run it wide open pretty much all the time. Just ask the TN State Troopers around Nashville!!!:glasses:
  6. IRONHIDE

IRONHIDE New Member ROTM Winner

My brother had a 1992 1/2 ton 4x4 suburban (350) with 280,XXX miles when for no reason (it ran great) he replaced the motor. Granted, the trans was replaced a couple of times. But it was a great rig, now he has a 06 to start the mileage quest all over again.
  7. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

My '91 Suburban has 191K on it with the original Chevy 350 that has never been opened up in any way such as heads or intake. Going good :)
  8. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

forever... come on its a chevy