1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

how far is too far

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by rodeo072003, Sep 2, 2011.

1. rodeo072003

rodeo072003 New Member

i am getting ready to install a readylift 2.25 in leveling kit but i was wondering how far is too far to drive it before i get an alignment..any help wuld be greatly apperciated thanks guys
  2. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

When I lifted mine, I drove it for a week before getting aligned, but I only have to drive 12 miles to work so I only put a little over 100 miles on it. I'd say you could put a couple of hundred miles on it without hurting your tires, but no more than that.
  3. Metaluzc

Metaluzc Rockstar 4 Years 100 Posts

I could be wrong but I'd think the speed in which you drive would matter more than how many miles. 50 miles of 65-70MPH driving on a highway would probably be worse than 100 miles of 50-55MPH driving on rural/city roads.
  4. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

A couple hundred miles shouldnt be bad, keep an eye on the tires.
  5. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

yeah like everyone said no more than a couple hundred miles
  6. rodeo072003

rodeo072003 New Member

thanks alot guys that is all i needed to hear i will hopefully have it on later today after work
  7. Bigbomber

Bigbomber Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Post some pics when you get it on!
  8. rodeo072003

rodeo072003 New Member

i will try to take some pics tommrow..i finally got a chance to put it on last night but we having some crappy weather and it hard to get a pic.but i really like the new stance it looks like a tottaly diff truck now just new wheels and bigger tires.
  9. 2COR517

2COR517 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

You can check/adjust the toe yourself with a tape measure. That would be the big thing to worry about.