1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

How fast have you ever been in your car/truck?

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by ki4kma, Jul 20, 2009.

1. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

* 150+ on my 2000 Katana 750 (Last time I dared look down at the speedo...)
    * 143mph in my 1993 MR2 Turbo. (Took forever to go from 125ish to 143...)
    * 165 in my 2006 300C SRT8. (Hit the electronic limiter...)
    * 92 in my 2004 Sierra. (Was doing a WOT log for tuning...)

I quit driving like a demon from Hell about a year ago. (And no, it wasn't because of tickets; I just got old, I guess...)
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2012
  2. zigger215

zigger215 New Member

Hit 172 in my BUILT!!!! STi (she wasn't exactly a daily driver). Did that at the speedway outside of anchorage Alaska. Good times. The only way I know how fast I was going was because I had my laptop setup up (doing some logging prepping for the race weekend). Never beat that speed in the car :( but that weekend I ran a 10.1 and trapped 136mph!! Then the very next run I scattered one of the turbos :(
  3. dipstick

dipstick New Member

This fast...............screech..............................................................................................................................................................................................
  4. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Had a built 5.0 long block in an 82 stang, pegged the speedo but calculated rpms / gearing to have hit 150 on some salt flats
  5. zigger215

zigger215 New Member

I ❤ 5.0s.....
  6. Coach24

Coach24 New Member 1000 Posts

Salt flats? I live by some Famous Salt Flats. Well kinda. about 1 hour west of me is the Bonneville Salt Flats
    I have been over 200 through the quarter but those vehicle never hit the streets except in a parade
  7. Scooter

Scooter New Member

My 06 silvy hit 115 according to my gps, before i swapped to 4.56 and the BB tune....
  8. 2006bowtie

2006bowtie New Member

125-130mph 2006 silverado while passing the ft.knox gold vault. i live down the street. 140mph 1994 cbr600. same stretch of road. oddly enough right in front of the highest security building in my area, theres never any cops... :neutral:
  9. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 1000 Posts

120 way back when I had my grand prix..... the gov. kicks in at 99.5 MPH on the silverado..... need to get that fixed so it doesn't
  10. pmf608

pmf608 Active Member 1000 Posts

-- I've had the Avalanche up to 160km/h (100 mph) - Electronic limiter kicks in there.
    -- In my Silverado, I hit 180km/h (112 mph) - pegged speedo with the limiter removed
    -- The fastest I've ever been was driving my uncle's Porsche at 200 km/h (124 mph)

Overall, there's just no good places to really get out and open a vehicle up safely around here, so I've never really had a chance to push any of those vehicles to their limits
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2012