1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

how hard is it to fix broken exhaust stud? [Expired Topic]

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by viken, Aug 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. viken

viken New Member

i was just working on the new burb and saw that the front right side exhaust stud was broke. it is just hanging on by the plug heat shield. is it easy to ues the drill and easy out, or should i take it in and have the dealer do it. i don't want to mess the head up. with the air filter out of the way there is a lot of room. help

2. 84fiero123

84fiero123 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

the pipe that the exhast pipe attaches to not bad. start small and work your way up, if there are ant threads left napa or vip has a kit to fix it.

3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Yeah, I agree. I've had to do this several times, just get the self-tapping remover at worst.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.