1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

How hot does your engine run?

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by hotrodking86, Oct 13, 2011.

1. hotrodking86

hotrodking86 Rockstar 100 Posts

I have the 2008 Silverado 4.8 liter engine and my truck runs at about 209-210 degrees. When I sit at the drive thru window it sometimes goes up to 220+ and than the fan kicks on and it obviously lowers. My truck has always ran at 210, just wondering what everyone elses runs at?
  2. IdahoChevy91

IdahoChevy91 Member 100 Posts

I have an '89 with a 6.2(383 stroker) and I run around 185-190 normally, if that. Right now it varies since my thermostat sticks at random times, then the truck will max out at 260, then drop back down around 190, so I think your truck is running a little too hot. Hope that helps at all.
    P.s. I was talking to my dad about this, he's good with cars ans trucks, he said that you should ne able to call up your local dealers parts/service department and ask them what your trucks water temp should run at with no problem.
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2011
  3. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

My '04 runs around 205-210ish, you should be fine temperature-wise.
  4. Klutch Mclovin

Klutch Mclovin Rockstar 100 Posts

My chevy runs around 210, but I would get it checked out just in case.
  5. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Mine sits at that 208 210 mark. Unless its real cold that's were it stays. I think that just the sweet spot on these trucks.

Alex
  6. Boonduff

Boonduff Member 3 Years 100 Posts

190 to 210ish is were these trucks were designed to run.