1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

How is everyone doing tonight

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Techman 1, Oct 23, 2010.

1. Techman 1

Techman 1 New Member

I just joined the forum was wondering if yall have any people that drag race?

2. Bigbomber

Bigbomber Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the club!

3. stephan

stephan Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Hi Techman, welcome to the GM Truck Club. I used to in NHRA Division 6. First with the '56 in my photo, & then ran a drag bike for a few years after that. How quick is your truck?

4. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the G M T C !

5. ejohnson03

ejohnson03 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I love watching the NHRA stuff on ESPN.

Never have driven down the quarter mile, but would like to next season.

My '76 Impala has a new 434 stroker and 700R4 pushing 500hp back to the 3.73 gears.
    (check out my album)

It is great on the street, but would like to see how the boat would do in the quarter.

Keep us posted on your progress.

Were is Lufkin, TX near? My daughter is over in Presidio.

6. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome aboard!
    My buddies and myself used to go to a little track in Central Ga, during the Friday night "run what ya brung nights" and run our street cars, and talk with the guys who were competing etc.. And it was always a good time to be around like minded people and 90% of them were just fun loving and outgoing! kinda miss that but now im back in truck land and love that just as much HA... Also was part of my buddies crew he won 2 different import weekends at the same track, with his 2003 Lancer EVO that wasnt quite scarry enough for him HAHA!

7. Eddie Z71

Eddie Z71 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Hi, and welcome to the site! Glad to have you here!

8. canislupis69

canislupis69 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the club!

9. Techman 1

Techman 1 New Member

Iam about 3 and half hours from Dallas going south

---------- Post added at 10:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 PM ----------

The truck runs 11.60's in the Quarter mile @ about 118 mph. The truck weights 2669 with me sitting in it. Hopefully in about 2 or 3 yrs it will be lighter than that looking at an all fiberglass body.

10. stephan

stephan Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Did you mean 3669 lbs? If not a typo then how did you get it so light? Do you already have some fb gl pieces on it? Didn't this truck weigh around 3500/3600 originally?