Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

How It's Made :: Ratchets from Snap-On Tools

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by PantheraUncia, Nov 9, 2012.

1. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

I have been trying to figure out which third party company makes Snap On 80 and 100 tooth ratchets with no luck so far, but I came across this interesting video.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_GUDMVWVss

I bought my first Snap-On 80 tooth ratchet a month ago, and it was expensive, but there is a quality difference over my Craftsman ratches, but after this watching this video, are the Snap On ratchets really worth $100-$250 each?

We may not actively thing about it, but a good working ratchet is something we use all the time.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2012
  2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Hey, this is pretty cool! I like most of these How Its Made (most of the time) but this one was pretty cool.

3. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

pretty neat. always wondered how ratchets were put together.

Alex

4. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

I think Snap-On got some marketing out of the video, but I thought it was cool. I don't even remember how I stumbled on that one..... Now I have an idea why the craftsman ones are not that sturdy sometimes.....

5. silverhobey

silverhobey Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

my dad grew up with Snap-On.....some of his old tools look ancient, but to use them, you
    would never tell the sockets/screwdrivers/ratchets were over 40 years old. I especially
    like the quieter/smoother action of the Ratchet. Also, his flat screwdriver (stubby) that
    gets used lots only has slight wear on the handle....the bit end isn't even bent !!! BRIAN

6. stchman

stchman Active Member 1 Year 1000 Posts

Snap-on makes really good tools, I just cannot justify the price difference.