How long does it take... (hot chick & simple math question)

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by Kady, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Kady

Kady New Member 100 Posts

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2013
  2. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 100 Posts 1000 Posts

[MENTION=24589]Kady[/MENTION],
    I don't know which is worse ... the fact that the wife's almost dense enough to collapse into a black hole ... or the fact that the husband had so little respect for his wife that he posted a video that belittles her. I suppose when you reach her level you just don't notice when someone does a d-bag manuver like that. Still, kinda inconsiderate. But funny!
  3. Kady

Kady New Member 100 Posts

Oh, he probably explained it to her later and she probably realized how dumb it was... Doesn't seem like she would take offense to it, or even realize the difference. haha
  4. 1953bowtieguy

1953bowtieguy New Member 100 Posts

Some peoples kids, i know when i first started watching it when he said it, around the time she started "Thinking" i knew what it was. She just needed to think about the question, because he gave her the answer in the question. Just needed to listen to the question more.
  5. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 100 Posts 1000 Posts

The thing is that he explained 80 MILES PER HOUR, and said PER HOUR, she argued with him because of her logic of "all cars tires spin differently, I mean trucks are heavier",
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2013
  6. 1953bowtieguy

[MENTION=51590]Pikey[/MENTION] Well ya all of them are like that but usually if it is completely stock shouldnt it be set to go exactically the speed that the speedometer says, even if its heavier.
  7. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 100 Posts 1000 Posts

lol, I understand that! That was her logic not mine! Watch the video again. The video reminds me of a time that I was at school and sitting outside during break. I was listening to some kid try to impress a girl about how fast his car is. He was talking about how he goes flying down a certain stretch of freeway at high speeds. She looked at him and said "wow, so like how many seconds does it take to go under each over pass, I mean they must fly by"! I just listened as he said, "Oh, like 4 seconds between overpasses". I could not contain it and busted out laughing. They both looked at me. I said "Those overpasses are one mile apart on that part of the freeway. So, doing 60 mph it would be 1 minute between them, doing 120mph would be 30 seconds between them, 240mph would take 15 seconds, So you are saying that you drive over 240mph?" The kid just looked and me and the girl started laughing at him and walked away. I did not see them talking to each other the rest of the semester.
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2013
  8. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member

People get used to hearing things like "per" and they don't know what it means. It means "for each". For example, "per cent" (or percent, or %) just means "for each 100" as cent means 100. So 50% = 50 percent = 50 for each 100. That's why you can have 200% (200 for each 100).

Yeah, not sure why the original copy of this video reached nearly 10-million views on YouTube. I just guess it's funny that people are able to watch an otherwise private event in the life of some young couple.
  9. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 100 Posts 1000 Posts

It only means that in some contexts, not all. It can also mean 'by means of'. Examples:

• 'Per our previous discussion, ..."
    • "Ship it per express mail."

I add this because one never knows if that blonde (or someone of her mental caliber) is reading this and requires full coverage of the word! :happy:
  10. 1953bowtieguy

Ha. I know all i think is that she failed math class. And that she needs to go take math again. Also the blondeness helps with her not knowing it right away, and not even knowing it at the end of it.