1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

How long up?

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by CrossMan, Mar 13, 2005.

1. CrossMan

CrossMan New Member

How long has this message board (website) been up? Looks pretty cool. :D
  2. Rick_James

Rick_James New Member

wazzup. looks like this place is pretty new. only 100 members. glad to see it though
  3. Safety1

Safety1 New Member

Yeah, looks like the first of the month maybe.
  4. Tonyg

Tonyg New Member

Yeah, maybe three weeks old>?
  5. AppleADay

AppleADay New Member

Like someone said in the other forum, you have to start somewhere.
  6. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

This is an interesting question.

I got the idea for the board last year. I registered the URL and got the hosting space squared around later in the year and put something up around Novemeber or so. Then the holidays hit, and most importantly, I had a son born in October. So much of my free time is gone.

Now, the boy is 5 months old, he's SLEEPING through the night somewhat, which means I can sleep, and the site has been up and running in it's current format for a short while. I scrapped the original design (which was custom - by me) for the current design (open source stuff) late last month and I think that the results are well worth it.

Thanks for tall the kudos guys (and gals), because this isn't a money-making scheme like some of these companies out there trying to pump out all-for-one message boards that cover every type of car ever built. This is just a place to chill out and maybe get a question or two answered.

Ciao, Steve