1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

How long was your learning curve?

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by bry2500, Oct 28, 2008.

1. bry2500

bry2500 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Since I've bought my 02 Avalanche in April I have been been amazed by it's versatility and how much of an enjoyable experience it is to drive.

I have owned so many vehicles in my driving career but this is the first Chevy truck and Ican't believe it took me this long to come to my senses. I should have bought a Chevy truck years ago.

List of previous mistakes

82 VW rabbit
    73 dodge dart
    82 Chevy Cavalier type 10 SS hatchback (not a bad car for the money)
    84 VW Jetta
    87 Ford Bronco 351windsor (honestly the worst thing I ever owned, it was One big Money Pit)
    86 Nissan 300z
    91 Honda CRX Si
    96 Chevy Monte Carlo Z34. Nice car but engine was poorly thought out.
    02 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab ( my first brand New truck) Decent truck but way too small
    05 Toyota Sienna (Wifes car)
    87 BMW 325E ( need to be independently wealthy to repair anything on these)

NOW 02 Chevy Avalanche 2500 8.1L I have reached nirvana.
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2008
  2. dwill3015

dwill3015 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I had to laugh when I saw that your 2002 Frontier was your first crew cab and too small as my first crew cab was a 2002 Toyota Tacoma Double cab limited. What were we thinking ???LOL.
  3. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

mmmmmmmm 8.1L
  4. bry2500

I was happy to have a truck when I bought the Frontier. How foolish of me to think that was a truck.:lol:

At least now I know what real trucks are made from.
  5. Lugnuts

Lugnuts New Member

I feel the same way bro. I absolutly love my truck and will never drive anything less than a fullsize chevy. I'm so spoiled now. It's like driving a big comfy couch with gobs of power and style. At 6'7" and 240 lbs I don't think I'll ever own a car again.

I didn't know the avalanche had a 2500 series or an 8.1 L. Thats huge, and badass!
  6. bry2500

They are around but it's hard to find them in. They were only available for a few years and most of the time you had to special order them. I found this one in mint shape with only 37,000 miles. Paid 12500 for it which was 6000 less than the going value. If anything happens to this I will not by anything else than a full size Chevy. You can hold me to that.