1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

How long will you keep your current GM vehicle?

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by ChevyBoy2009, Jul 11, 2012.

Random Gallery Photos

1. ChevyBoy2009

ChevyBoy2009 New Member 100 Posts

Hey guys I figured I would start a thread on "How long will you keep your current GM vehicle/when will you get rid of it?"...I just got a 2009 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT Crew Cab Z71 about a month ago and I plan on keeping it for a VERY long time.I had a 2003 Chevy Silverado 1500 for 3 years before I got this one...I traded it in because I needed a crew cab due to our growing family.Im just curious too see how long people will keep there current GM vehicle!...Lets see what people have to say!.........Ready,Set,Go!:great:
  2. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I have no intent to get rid of my vehicle. I owe nothing on it and if I needed something else I'd probably just add to what I have, as a truck is a necessity.
  3. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

i plan on keeping the current truck till it wont drive no more. that or give it to the daughter/son if we have one.

either that or turn it into a play toy and have a newer truck somewhere down the line.

Alex
  4. Untouchable

Untouchable New Member 100 Posts

I don't see myself getting rid of this one. I had my 05 model and got rid of it because I needed extra room and all...but this one will stay with me until I'm gone and my kids or grandkids decide to do something else with it.
  5. TexasTechRaider

TexasTechRaider New Member 100 Posts

Well in all honesty I have been thinking about trading it in for a 4x4, but I haven't decided yet. I'm putting way to many miles on it and I'm nearing 100K faster than I would like. I guess with time well see what happens!
  6. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I'll keep this one forever and slowly turn it into a fun truck. Then get a 2012 or so suburban 2500 4x4 throw the 6.0 in my silverado and a Dmax in the suburban for a daily driver
  7. RFoster130

RFoster130 New Member

I get bored with vehicles. Just got a 2012 Tahoe. I'll prolly keep it about 4 years. My dad was retired from GM and after the discount, I got a great deal. So, even after 3 or 4 years I'll still make out ok selling it.
  8. LOVINTHESTORM

LOVINTHESTORM New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I will be keeping my truck until, God willing, my son goes to college. Then I will give it to him and get another brand new one. Provided I like the new model trucks at that time. Got eight years behind the wheel of this one before that happens.
  9. jnbama

jnbama Member 100 Posts

Plan on plenty of miles on mine unless it gets smashed by an idiot driver
  10. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I have had mine 12 years, the only problem (as much as I like GM) is that it is becoming an endless money pit....... 4k to rebuild the transmission, $300 in parts to fix the power locks (that still don't work), $300 in power window actuators, etc.

Not to mention it is 12 years old.... so the dents, scratches, carpet that needs replacing, re-finishing/ replacing the power seats......( that list will cost more than just buying a new one ).

Since I put the money in the transmission, when the engine goes, the truck goes to the junk yard and gets crushed.... I am not spending 3-4k on an engine.