How long will you keep your current GM vehicle?

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by ChevyBoy2009, Jul 11, 2012.

1. ChevyBoy2009

ChevyBoy2009 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Hey guys I figured I would start a thread on "How long will you keep your current GM vehicle/when will you get rid of it?"...I just got a 2009 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT Crew Cab Z71 about a month ago and I plan on keeping it for a VERY long time.I had a 2003 Chevy Silverado 1500 for 3 years before I got this one...I traded it in because I needed a crew cab due to our growing family.Im just curious too see how long people will keep there current GM vehicle!...Lets see what people have to say!.........Ready,Set,Go!:great:

2. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I have no intent to get rid of my vehicle. I owe nothing on it and if I needed something else I'd probably just add to what I have, as a truck is a necessity.

3. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

i plan on keeping the current truck till it wont drive no more. that or give it to the daughter/son if we have one.

either that or turn it into a play toy and have a newer truck somewhere down the line.

Alex

4. Untouchable

Untouchable Member 2 Years 100 Posts

I don't see myself getting rid of this one. I had my 05 model and got rid of it because I needed extra room and all...but this one will stay with me until I'm gone and my kids or grandkids decide to do something else with it.

5. TexasTechRaider

TexasTechRaider Member 2 Years 500 Posts

Well in all honesty I have been thinking about trading it in for a 4x4, but I haven't decided yet. I'm putting way to many miles on it and I'm nearing 100K faster than I would like. I guess with time well see what happens!

6. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I'll keep this one forever and slowly turn it into a fun truck. Then get a 2012 or so suburban 2500 4x4 throw the 6.0 in my silverado and a Dmax in the suburban for a daily driver

7. RFoster130

RFoster130 Member

I get bored with vehicles. Just got a 2012 Tahoe. I'll prolly keep it about 4 years. My dad was retired from GM and after the discount, I got a great deal. So, even after 3 or 4 years I'll still make out ok selling it.

8. LOVINTHESTORM

LOVINTHESTORM Active Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I will be keeping my truck until, God willing, my son goes to college. Then I will give it to him and get another brand new one. Provided I like the new model trucks at that time. Got eight years behind the wheel of this one before that happens.

9. JnBama

JnBama Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

Plan on plenty of miles on mine unless it gets smashed by an idiot driver

10. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 3 Years 1000 Posts

I have had mine 12 years, the only problem (as much as I like GM) is that it is becoming an endless money pit....... 4k to rebuild the transmission, $300 in parts to fix the power locks (that still don't work), $300 in power window actuators, etc.

Not to mention it is 12 years old.... so the dents, scratches, carpet that needs replacing, re-finishing/ replacing the power seats......( that list will cost more than just buying a new one ).

Since I put the money in the transmission, when the engine goes, the truck goes to the junk yard and gets crushed.... I am not spending 3-4k on an engine.