1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

How long will you keep your current GM vehicle?

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by ChevyBoy2009, Jul 11, 2012.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Wow. What he said.
  2. Drake_korthos

Drake_korthos Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

I plan on holdin onto Betty for at least another ten years or so. Eventually, I would like to trade up to a 2500 with the Duramax turbo diesel. The wife and I would like to take a page outta my grandparents book, and get a 5th wheel trailer to tour the states and Canada in. while Betty has plenty of towing capacity for a smaller trailer, the added abilities of the diesel and Allsion 1000 tranny would be a big help on long trips! THAT truck I'll keep til I can get my flying car!
  3. Big_Mike

Big_Mike Member 100 Posts

I plan to keep "Big Red" until I'm an old man. Hopefully life will allow that to happen! As in allowing me to get old and nothing happening so that I have to sell it or whatever...!
  4. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Let's keep this discussion going.
  5. Caddiac

Caddiac Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

In 2012 I took delivery of a Nissan Leaf all electric car. My thinking was that if I keep driving the Suburban on my daily commute, I will need an engine or a new truck in 18 months to two years. I figure the Leaf cost the same as a used suburban with low milage but without the higher operating cost.

In 21 months I avoided putting 25,000 miles on my 98 Suburban which currently has 265,000 miles. I currently use it to haul, move my daughter to and from college, weekend excursions and vacations. I figure the engine is good for at least 300,000 before it starts using oil. That translates into about 7 more years.
  6. Lordvader

Lordvader Rockstar

In 2001, I bought a 2002 Chevy Avalanche. Kept her for 12 years. I traded the AV in 2013 for a 2013 Chevy Silverado. I plan to keep her for at least 12 years.
  7. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I plan on keeping mine for as long as possible, it's paid off. It's all the truck I need and I've got it looking the way I want. The newer trucks just don't appeal to me (sorry to the NNBS guys) My truck is my daily driver at this time but God willing come springtime it will be my turn for a newer car(I won't buy new) to be my DD. We have the Acadia now, so maybe something a little more sporty, and give my truck a rest!
  8. reaper275

reaper275 New Member

ill keep my truck until its either A. Totalled beyond the poitn of no return, or B. it completely falls apart around me