1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

How many C/K trucks were ever built?

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by ChevyFan, Jan 14, 2007.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I just got thinking about this. Does anyone have a guess (or does anyone know) as to how many C/K trucks were built during years of production? I think it would be interested in find out.

2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

From Wikipedia:

The C/K was the name for Chevrolet's full-size pickup truck line from 1962 until 1998 and GMC's full-size pickup line from 1962-1988. The first Chevrolet pickup truck appeared in 1924, though in-house designs did not appear until 1930. "C" trucks had two-wheel drive while "K" models had four-wheel drive. The C/K light-duty pickup was replaced with the GMC Sierra in 1988 and the Chevrolet Silverado in 1999; the Chevrolet Silverado HD and GMC Sierra HD heavy-duty pickups followed in 2001.

3. ChevyFan

No one knows?

4. mr.copenhagen

mr.copenhagen Rockstar 100 Posts

that is a really good queston. id say try to find the first SN on the C/K trucks and the last C/K number. i know my dad has the last chevy scottsdale made. havent talked to him in years but if ya want ill call him up and get the SN from him to help ya out..

5. ChevyFan

It's got to be in the 10's of millions I would think. In the late 80's alone they were making like 750,000 each year, that's total GMC and Chevy.