How many different Silverado/Sierra xxxxxx editions are out there?

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by RayVoy, Jul 13, 2012.

1. RayVoy

RayVoy Active Member

My 1st stop, this morning (newspaper), I saw a Cheyenne Edition Silverado parked in lot, at the 2nd stop (coffee), I saw a Nevada Edition Silverado, I know someone, on here, has a Texas Edition.

How many different editions are out there?
  2. dadngt

dadngt New Member

I think there is an Oklahoma edition which leads me to wonder if there are different badges for all 50 states. I thought I heard on one of the new Silverado Commercials that there is a Sport edition. which me coming from a Mustang past seems like auto makers will slap different badges on the same old vehicle & think its different. I'm making a homemade old school (early 90s GM performance) RS package maybe Chevrolet will give me royalities to use my badging lol
  3. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member

I dont think theres an edition for every state.
    Texas Edition
    Florida Edition
    Nevada Edition (discontinued 2010)
    Are factory built models that you can order for delivery in any state, other similiar models
    Oklahoma Edition
    Wyoming Edition
    Cheyenne Edition
    Silver State Edition
    and a few others I'm sure I'm forgetting are regional trucks that are accessorized after they leave the factory and before they get to the dealer, normally the accessories will be similiar to the factory offered editions or they may even be completed at a conversion shop, depends on the Regional Marketing Office doing package build-up.
  4. TexasTechRaider

TexasTechRaider New Member

I have the Texas Edition, it came with a rear locking differential and the HD towing package and then some nice inserts in the interior. Nothing major. If I can find my old window sticker it list all the upgrades with the Texas Edition package. I'll post a picture or something up if and when I find it!
  5. the phantom

the phantom New Member

Ha, Ive never heard of a New York edition. Of course no one would want it because it probably would be rusting.:lol:
  6. rervf23

rervf23 New Member

They do sell an All Star edition here in NYS. It appears to have the same extras as the Lone Star (or Texas ) edition. They have them listed on the Chevy web site, under Build Your Own.

Bob
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2012
  7. RayVoy

RayVoy Active Member

Good to know, I see they have 3 listed on the "Build your own"
  8. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 New Member

see, the problem is you guys drive chevys, to many options. :rofl: i drive a GMC, for the simple fact it it dosnt need different versions. :sign0020:

Alex
  9. rervf23

rervf23 New Member

My bad.... The Florida edition is closer to the All Star edition. The Texas edition has many more additons in it. And it costs over $1000.00 more.

Bob
  10. RayVoy

RayVoy Active Member

There ya go, haha
  11. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member

The All Star Package is available everywhere, its an option package that includes a few nice to have amenities bundled together for a better price.
    Most of the "All Star" trucks have no insignia to identify them but a local dealer a few years back did have one with stickers on the rear quarters saying "All Star".
    The biggest difference in most of these packages is the wheels and tires, it adds as much as $2000 to the cost of the truck, 20's look nice on these trucks but at $2k and the added theft problem we have locally with 20" wheels I'll save my money and keep my 18's that came with the All Star package.
    Look at the GMC website, they have the same packages as the Chevys, I see Texas Edition GMC's around here all the time and they also have their version of the All Star package too.
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2012
  12. rervf23

rervf23 New Member

I did look at the GMC Sierra before I bought my Silverado, just for that same reason. Less options to worry about. But since I wanted a 2-wheel drive this time, the only one I could find in the area was the Chevy that I bought.

Bob