1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

How many dins?

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by BurbanMan, Feb 11, 2014.

1. BurbanMan

BurbanMan Member 1 Year 500 Posts

1999 chevy Tahoe. I new to know how many din the factory stereo is. Search turned up no results on the forum. Looking to install a screen type stereo before we leave for Oklahoma in March so I can keep my 2yo somewhat occupied watching movies or something lol

2. zuki82

zuki82 Member 1 Year 100 Posts

I'm not sure what the currency exchange rate is for the din to dollar! A bank could help you out! :p

3. BurbanMan

lol thanks.

4. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

Looks like it should be 1 Din so you would be getting a pop out type of screen.

5. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I think that the stock radio is a 1.5 DIN. But you can put a double din. Search youtube there are tons of videos of guys doing the double din.

6. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Should be din 1/2 but as said many have done a nice Dbl din in those with little problems Some convert to a newer dash..

7. BurbanMan

Thanks guys! I'll check out YouTube