How many have seen the next gens in person?

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by AnimalYates, Jun 16, 2013.

1. AnimalYates

AnimalYates Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

Went down to Bristol this weekend for the NHRA drag races and saw a next gen Sierra for the first time! I naturally got out and looked at it all around, and I must say, it's alot nicer in person than from what all I've seen online. I'm not too crazy about the front end but in time I think it'll grow on me.

How many of you have gotten a chance to see one yet? Drive one?

2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

3. AnimalYates

] IMG_0935.jpg IMG_0936.jpg

Good enough @Enkeiavalanche?:great:

I am really liking the tailgate badging on these... hmmm..

4. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

5. stchman

stchman Active Member 1 Year 1000 Posts

I got to test drive a new 2014 Silverado over the weekend. Nice truck, pricey, but nice.

- - - Updated - - -

I like how GMC went with the same tail lights as the new Silverado. The reverse light in the middle of the lens looks way better IMO. I just wish GMC would have not put those cheesy LED DRLs on the front, I know LED strip DRLs are all the rage, but they still look dumb IMO.

6. AnimalYates

Haha ironically I prefer the NNBS GMC taillights as opposed to the Silverado tailights with the reverse light in the middle. And I also went towards aftermarket headlights to have the LED strips. Classic example of how the different models do indeed appeal to different tastes. I still like the Silverado's, but prefer Sierra over it any day of the week.

7. stchman

In the NNBS I like the Sierra grill a little better, but the Silverado has much nicer looking tail lights and wheel well fender flares. As far as interior goes, the NNBS Silverado and Sierra are virtually identical.

What I don't understand is why GM went with those silly looking black plastic moldings around the wheel well on the 2014 Sierra. Looks dumb IMO.

8. AnimalYates

I'd have to agree with you there, looks dumb.

So how did it drive? Any noticeable different in ride/power?

9. stchman

The one I test drove was an LT, not an LTZ, but I will have to say it was a really quiet pickup. The new MyLink and DIC was really nice. As far as power, the new one was no more noticeably faster than the 2013 model.

All in all I'm sure the truck will sell quite a few units.

10. da88

da88 New Member

kinda looks like the ram rear tailgate nehh i dont really like it but overall sikk