1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

How many hours?

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by DacMan, Dec 8, 2012.

1. DacMan

DacMan New Member

Mine has 206K, and 240 hours.
    Internet.jpg

Attached Files:

• 027.jpg
      027.jpg
      File size:
      78.9 KB
      Views:
  2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I have 138,000 miles and 3784.1 hours. yours must be a typo unless you average just under 1,000 miles per hour!

3. DacMan

DacMan New Member

Ooops! Idk what's wrong cause even if it is 2,400 it doesn't make sense. Was your truck ever a construction truck? Or a work truck?

4. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I don't think so! the only reason I say that is because it is to clean to have been. Most Yukon xl / suburbans used as work truck are pretty beat up in the rear cargo area.(plastic scratched, gouged, headliner damage) This one shows no signs of that. I take care of my vehicles and know how bad my work van looked when I was a bricklayer. I bought it used a few months ago. The 03 I had was a fleet truck and had the same amount of miles but more than double the hours.

5. DacMan

DacMan New Member

Yeah I alwasy figured that construction and fleet trucks would have very high hours, those guys are never afraid to leave a truck idle on site for hours to keep the cab warm. I did have my gauge cluster swapped for new by a gm dealership, I wonder if the hours switched over incorrectly.

6. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

I don't think it switched over because my truck has a little under 5000 hours(guessing a average speed of 40 over the life of the truck). I have 197550+ miles. The 90's trucks don't have hour clocks so I had to give an educated guess.

7. DacMan

DacMan New Member

That's weird that it didn't, everything else did. I didn't even know these 2000's could, but I was screwing around figuring out how to reset my oil change light, and stumbled upon how to lookup hours. I feel stupid now not realizing it was wrong lol

8. silverhobey

silverhobey Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

I have 24,000 Kilometeres ( 15,000 miles ) on our 2010 Crew.
    It has about 610 hours on it also. Lucky enough to have small
    car for little jaunts around town/in crappy weather.Brian