GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

How many inch lift for a 2003 GMC

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by mysweetmelissa, Aug 12, 2013.

1. mysweetmelissa

mysweetmelissa New Member

My husband has been talking about lifting our 2003 GMC 2500, its a quad cab. He isn't sure how many inch lift he want to put in it. It has to be obvious that it was lifted but not so much that we need a ladder to get in :great:

Does anyone have any input? Also best place to buy & if you have before & after pics of your truck with a lift, please post them!
    Thanks
  2. cain73

cain73 New Member

Another component to the equation is the tires. Is there a certain size you want ? Certain lift/level kits will allow for certain tires. You need to factor in the tire height adjustment to give that overall lifted appearance without going so high it's not comfortable to get in and out of.
  3. ajarman

ajarman New Member

6" kit with 35x12.50's.
  4. Pikey

Pikey Moderator

I would go with a 6" BDS kit. Life time warranty on all of their lift components. With the 6" you don't have to put 35's under it. But, you can. In my opinion you only want to pay for a lift kit one time. Not buy a 3" now and discover in a few years that you wanted a 6".
  5. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 New Member

My personal opinion would be a 3 inch lift if be doesn't want overly huge tires and to jump in every time.
  6. mysweetmelissa

mysweetmelissa New Member

I'm pretty sure we want to stay with the original tires right now as we don't want to buy rims & tires right now. We would like to lift it & then later buy rims & tires... or are we doing it backward or should we plan on doing it all at once?

- - - Updated - - -

:great:

Would 3 inches be obvious enough?

- - - Updated - - -

I guess I should add that we don't want Monster truck look either (nothing wrong with it, but the truck as to haul the family too :) So bigger tires are an option but not extremely wide (I haven't done all the tire research yet so I'm not sure the sizing).

You guys are a great help, just wanna say thanks!
  7. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 New Member

i would notice it lol. The bigger tires also give it some lift too like someone has already said. I have an app on my phone that I can punch in a tire size and get it in inches, height and width.
  8. ajarman

ajarman New Member

Why not just crank on the T bars some and put +1 size tires when you are ready. Sounds more to me you want a level and not a lift.
  9. pray1140

pray1140 New Member

Definitely a 6 inch. If not six then a 4 inch.