1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

How many miles are you up to???

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by Pittsburgh1313, May 12, 2011.

1. USAF-Suburban

USAF-Suburban Rockstar 100 Posts

I've got a 1998 C1500 Suburban that I bought in 2002 with 68,xxx on her and as of this moment I have 197,376 miles on her. Still running strong with minimal issues at all. Best vehicle I have ever owned by far. Greg
  2. 95_5spd

95_5spd Member 100 Posts

95 chevy s10

201,xxx

not sure whats on the motor. Supposedly it was replaced at 113,000 so that would make it 88,xxx i guess.

Runs good though.
  3. phoebeisis

phoebeisis Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Greg- yep I have a C-1500 1998 Suburban also-bought 2007 with 195,000(best $2950 I ever spent)-now 224,000. I wonder if that was just a "good year" Amazing they could have all those years-all those miles-
    but engine still gets great mpg-20 mpg hy(good way to determine the goodness of the motor) leaks a little oil-but doesn't use any.
    Mine is Mexico assembled-guess they were hitting on all cylinders in 1998 there.
    Maybe 1998 was a good year.

Yeah I lucked out buying this one when we were broke-had to sell the Pilot-ended up with $12000 + the Suburban- much better trip vehicle than the Pilot-only lost 1-2 mpg-gained huge trip comfort -
    much better evacuation vehicle for all our pets- 1 or two leggy dogs(greyhounds)-4-5 cats
  4. jake's silverado

jake's silverado Epic Member 5+ Years 100 Posts

So I'm up to 31150 miles, or 50,000 kilometres close to end of new truck warranty... or trade time for me. Nothing is peaking my interest though...
  5. Smoke Em All

Smoke Em All Member

1995 2500 4x4 just purchased with 215k on original engine. Not miss or puff of smoke.
  6. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

105k miles on mine
  7. the phantom

the phantom Active Member 2 Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

getting ready(well not really) to put away for the winter..... Again....ugghhh anyways owned The Phantom for 20 months and just clicked 11,500 miles..
  8. USAF-Suburban

USAF-Suburban Rockstar 100 Posts

On the highway I'm probably averaging anywhere between 15-17ish. But I have slightly oversized tires (32's), a volant CAI, and dual exhaust w/glasspacks so getting what I get I am happy.

I agree, 1998 must have been a good year as I have known a few folks as well as a bunch on here that are well over 200K on theirs. I will hit 200K in another couple months so I'll join that club as well. The only difference is mine was built in Wisconsin and not Mexico... Oh, and mine does drink a bit of oil (less than a quart between oil changes, so nothing to worry about). And no noticeable leaks that I am aware of, and I check often. I do have some minor issues and a clunking in the tranny (possibly a u-joint) if I stomp on it too hard so I have to be gentle with accelerating but other than that doing good... Greg
  9. phoebeisis

phoebeisis Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Yep-1998-good year-
    Just like my wine cellar-I have some good years!
    Yeah-I am joking-no wine cellar
    I "might" be using a tiny bit of oil-but because of the obvious leak(think it is the plastic cam chain cover where it meets oil pan)-tough to really tell.
    I was losing coolant-thought it might be the damn intake gaskets again-turns out it was a heater hose T- fitting-cracked again(cheap AZ part) replaced with OEM part-we'll see.
    So all in all-I'm good! Except my Saints gotten beaten by the jets-we just aren't that great away from home on actual grass with even slightly cool weather.
    Didn't help that we let Chris Ivory leave-kept Mark Ingram- everyone KNEW Ingram was a bust-and Ivory was a great pure runner-but we had already given Ingram a HUGE signing bonus-so we didn't have the $$ for Ivory
    Now he did get injured-and occasionally fumbled but he could run the football.
    Sorry to hijack thread-moaning about my Saints 6-2- guess you guys-cheer for AZ maybe??
  10. f0n3b0y

f0n3b0y New Member

'96 Sierra Z-71 with 255K and change on it. Bought it with 86K on it in 2009, and it's my daily driver with an occasional trip to Texas thrown in. Rebuilt the tranny at 205K in January of this year. Starting to show a bit of rust on the doors and tailgate, so I may just drive it 'til it falls off the frame :)