Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

How many miles do you drive per year?

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by Pikey, Oct 25, 2013.

1. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I was thinking about this the other day. They say that the average American drives 12,000 miles per year. I have had my 2005 yukon xl for just over a year and have put 21,000 miles on it. That is basically taking my son back and forth to school, driving myself to school, and driving around town doing things like grocery shopping. . We don't use the truck very often for road trips because of my wife's new van. So how many miles do you put on your truck in a year?

2. Camaro69car

Camaro69car Member 1 Year 100 Posts

I put anywhere from 20-30K miles on my vehicles a year.

3. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

160,000 (my current mileage) divided by 12.7 years (how long I have had my truck) comes out to 12,600 miles per year.

Hooray, I'm average!

4. Camaro69car

Camaro69car Member 1 Year 100 Posts

judging by my lancers milage (bought it with 6 miles on it)

got it in '08

sold in the beginning of '13

78K miles. In 4-5 years

4 years = 19500 miles
    5 years = 15600 miles

So, I'm a little above average. there was one summer that the car was broken down (autocross) and had to wait on new axles to replace the broken ones. and they took me about 3 months to do it myself. (I am a self-taught mechanic, and refuse to take it to a shop, if I have the required tools)

5. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

On my 08 Avalanche about 15-16K a year As my job in my Hino 336 About 250-350+ Per night 5 nights a week....

6. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Yea Im way off the average then, about 15k a year on my Silverado, 3k a year on my Harley and another 1-2k a year on assorted other vehicles I have.

7. USAF-Suburban

USAF-Suburban Rockstar 100 Posts

Let's see, I got my 98 Suburban in Feb 2002 with 68K and now it's Oct 2013, roughly 11.5 years later and I've got 197K on it. So 197K-68K=129K/11.5=11,217 Miles per year on average. Before I did the math if you asked me I would have guessed 12K per year so my assumption was pretty close.

8. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Since about this time last year I've only put just under 6000 miles on the Tahoe, but during school last year I averaged like 100-150 mines per week. Actually that's what I normally average per including what I did this summer. But the truck hasn't been regularly driven since I left for college because it is home with my parents.

9. 95_5spd

95_5spd Active Member 1 Year 100 Posts

Guessing between 3k-4k on my daily. only vehicle i have. Have lower than a 5 mile drive to work and town driving around to do my mowing business.

10. marksoldtowne

marksoldtowne Member 1 Year

its depend upon my journey,usually about this time year I've only put just under 8000 miles , but during year I averaged like 130-140 mines per week. Actually that's what I normally average per including what I did this summer. But the truck hasn't been regularly driven since I left for college because it is home with my parents nd also along with my friends.