1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

How many vehicles have you owned?

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by ChevyFan, Mar 22, 2011.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

These are primary driving vehicles, the US average is 12 for a lifetime. How many have you owned?

I guess I've owned 9 now.
  2. canislupis69

canislupis69 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I have owned 7 if you count my motorcycle.
  3. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I got my driver license in 2000 and below is my list. If the average is 12 I belive I will hit that before too long.

2000 S-10 LS SCSB 2.2L
    2002 Blazer LS 2dr 4.3L
    2001 Blazer LT 4dr 4.3L
    2001 Tahoe LT 4dr 5.3L
    2005 GTO 6spd 6.0L
    2007 Silverado Classic Z71 LT3 CCSB 5.3L
    2008 Acura TSX 4dr 2.4L
    2008 Silverado Z71 LT2 CCSB 5.3L
  4. troutbug

troutbug Rockstar 100 Posts

I'm on my 6th vehicle. Two of those shouldn't count since they were my (ex)wife's daily drivers which I didn't spend much time in. She has a knack for trashing out her vehicles.

Alston, you'd better slow down! I've got a feeling you are going to make this truck last a while. :glasses:
  5. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I have 5 at the moment, 6 total over my driving career.
  6. NCN8ive

NCN8ive Rockstar 100 Posts

First licensed to drive in 1984. I've had 5 different vehicles so far.

1972 Pontiac Grand Prix (actually belonged to my dad, but I was the primary driver 'til I joined the AF in '87)
    1986 Buick Skyhawk
    1994 Pontiac Grand Prix
    2002 Chevy Silverado
    2010 Chevy Silverado
  7. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Yeah, I think this truck is going to last. I got a little boy to spoil now so can't get a different car everytime the wind changes direction.
  8. racekid91

racekid91 Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

2. I technically did not own my first, so I can't say it was mine. I just got to drive it.

1993 GMC Sierra K1500. It was rusty as all hell, and the most unreliable vehical I've ever seen, but I LOVE IT. So many good times (and bad) in that truck.

1995 Chevy Tahoe 2 Door (Current). It's my baby.

I'm looking at buying a beater 4cyl S-10 or Ranger with a 5 speed for every day. Keep the miles off my Tahoe, and save on gas a little bit
  9. IanF

IanF Rockstar 100 Posts

First licensed in 1969, I've had over 50 vehicles, import and domestics, but I always come back to GM. I try to keep them as long as they are reliable and the GMs average out to about 9-10 years each. I've written off more than the national average in my early days. First vehicle '63 Biscayne, I had three of them all matching, same colour and options at the same time.
  10. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

I'm 20 now so in the 3 years I've had my license, technically I've only owned 1 vehicle but I have driven 3 other cars before then.

1. 1986 Chrysler Lebaron convertible- it was my grandma's car then she gave it to my dad to use as a beater for work after she got a new car. I only learned to drive in it for about a month before it bit the dust and we donated it.

2. 2005 Volvo V70- my mom's car, which I drove on occasion cuz I didn't have a vehicle of my own yet :(

3. 2007 Volvo S60- again, mom's car which she let me drive. I wish we still had it, that car was awesome to drive. You'd be surprised how fast you can go in a turbocharged inline-5 cyl. sedan:rules:

4. 2004 Chevy Silverado 1500- My first "real" car/ truck. Found it on craigslist and saved my pennies to buy it. I plan on driving this truck until the wheels fall off.