How much additional HP can I expect from Cat-back Dual Exhaust?

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by bowtie_04, Mar 9, 2009.

1. bowtie_04

bowtie_04 Member

Hey Guys, i'm looking at getting a cat-back magnaflow exhaust with 2.5" pipes back to 3.5" tips installed next weekend and i'm wondering how much additional horsepower I can expect. I have a S&B cold air intake already installed so i'm looking to free up the back end a little bit. I've heard that the dual exhaust may cause some lost torque and low end power due to losing too much back-pressure, is this true? Any opinions and additional information is great, thanks for all your help!

2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

How much additional HP can I expect from cat-back Dual Exhaust

You shouldnt lose any torque with the 2.5inch Magnaflow. With your CAI and exhaust you should see about 10 H/P at rear wheels. That a realistic number.

3. bowtie_04

bowtie_04 Member

That sounds realistic, thanks for the reply!

4. bowtie_04

bowtie_04 Member

Any positives or negatives vs straight out the back or 45 degree out the sides?

5. silveradotrailblazer

No differance between side or rear exit. Also a single 3inch Magnaflow will handle up to 400HP, so if you want to save a few$$$ you might want to try a single, unless you want the duals for looks. Hope this info will help you decision.

6. bowtie_04

bowtie_04 Member

well the current system i'm looking at I can get for $235 including shipping, which is a great price!

7. silveradotrailblazer

If that price is for a Magnaflow you did real good.:great:

8. bowtie_04

bowtie_04 Member