1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

How much additional HP can I expect from Cat-back Dual Exhaust?

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by bowtie_04, Mar 9, 2009.

1. bowtie_04

bowtie_04 Member

Hey Guys, i'm looking at getting a cat-back magnaflow exhaust with 2.5" pipes back to 3.5" tips installed next weekend and i'm wondering how much additional horsepower I can expect. I have a S&B cold air intake already installed so i'm looking to free up the back end a little bit. I've heard that the dual exhaust may cause some lost torque and low end power due to losing too much back-pressure, is this true? Any opinions and additional information is great, thanks for all your help!
  2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

How much additional HP can I expect from cat-back Dual Exhaust

You shouldnt lose any torque with the 2.5inch Magnaflow. With your CAI and exhaust you should see about 10 H/P at rear wheels. That a realistic number.
  3. bowtie_04

bowtie_04 Member

That sounds realistic, thanks for the reply!
  4. bowtie_04

bowtie_04 Member

Any positives or negatives vs straight out the back or 45 degree out the sides?
  5. silveradotrailblazer

No differance between side or rear exit. Also a single 3inch Magnaflow will handle up to 400HP, so if you want to save a few$$$ you might want to try a single, unless you want the duals for looks. Hope this info will help you decision.
  6. bowtie_04

bowtie_04 Member

well the current system i'm looking at I can get for $235 including shipping, which is a great price!
  7. silveradotrailblazer

If that price is for a Magnaflow you did real good.:great:
  8. bowtie_04

bowtie_04 Member