1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

how much lift for 35's ??

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Rob1984, Feb 2, 2012.

1. Rob1984

Rob1984 New Member

how much lift am i gonna need to fit some 35 nitto mud grapplers on my 2008 chevy silverado lt 4x4 ? would like some 20" rockstar rims.... truck is white.... so what ya think, and whats the best way to get it lifted for 35's....

2. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

You'll need at least 6 in. of lift but depending on the backspacing and offset of your wheels and how wide your tires are, you may need more than that. Some fender trimming may be needed as well. Check with the lift kit manufacturer to see what size wheels/ tires you'll be able to fit. They usually have a chart with the wheel/ tire sizes relative to the amount of lift you'll need.

3. Rob1984

Rob1984 New Member

hmmmm, is there not a cheaper or easier way to lift these trucks ??? im sure a 6" lift kit up here in ontario canada will be between 2-4000bucks....

and tires would likely be 35x13.5 id think.....

4. Blackout07

Blackout07 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

Agreed. You could do a 2" leveling kit + 3" body lift + some metal cutting and do it with a very conservative wheel width/offset.

5. Rob1984

Rob1984 New Member

when you say metal trimming what exactly do ya mean ? i dont wanna hack at my fenders or anything really you know.....

does any one have a pic of there silverado with 35's ???

6. Red Z71 Max

Red Z71 Max Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I have a 3" lift with Nitto Trail Grapplers 35x12.5-18's and they rub. I had to trim the inner wheel well liners and bolt them back with carriage bolts. It still rubs on inclined turns, but not real bad. If you plan on doing any serious off roading, you will need a 6 inch lift to get the proper clearance without worrying about tearing anything up.

7. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Like said above 6" or more to fit 35's

8. Rob1984

Rob1984 New Member

Don't plan on doing any offroading with it, as I'm just going for looks :)

9. Red Z71 Max

Red Z71 Max Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

You can do what I did. You will just have to do the modifications I stated. Remember I used Trail Grapplers, Not Mud Grapplers. There is a huge difference in the tread pattern so Im not sure about the clearances with the different tire.

10. Blackout07

Blackout07 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

I mean just that. You will have to remove the fender liners and cut out the lower metal portion of your fenders, and then bolt the liners back down. I have 35's with 10" of lift for a reason bud. Granted my wheels warrant that.