1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

How much wood would a woodchuck chuck...

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by pmf608, Nov 12, 2011.

1. pmf608

pmf608 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

If a woodchuck could chuck wood?

I can't tell you that, but I do know that an avalanche can haul a little over half a cord of wood. I had to move the cord of firewood we bought from the driveway to the back of the house and this was the easiest way to do it.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

And here's the pile after I finished unloading it.
    [​IMG]

And of course the wood has since been stacked. I couldn't leave it like that over the winter.
  2. JnBama

JnBama Active Member 2 Years 500 Posts

looks like you chucked wood like a woodchuck would chuck wood
  3. Coach24

Coach24 Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

Answer is none if sarge or I see him. Boom he be gone in a cloud o dust:grrrrrr:
    Looks like that Avalanche needs load boosters
  4. pmf608

pmf608 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

That's probably the most I'll ever load this truck down. I loaded my silverado right down a few times (~2500 lbs in the bed) but the box on the avalanche isn't big enough for that. Anything heavier I probably wouldn't need to haul during the winter, so the Ford or my trailer would be home to carry it.

On the topic of load boosters though.... I would love an avalanche that could tow a decent trailer if I needed to - but I wouldn't want the 8.1 engine. If I had the money I would take a new Yukon XL 2500 and a new Avalanche, pull the bodies off both, swap the yukon drivetrain for duramax/allison combo, and swap the bodies. Then I'd sell the Yukon 1500 and keep the new 2500 duramax avalanche. I'd put load boosters on a beast like that.
  5. Coach24

Coach24 Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

Now ya think Gm would have thunk of doin something like that , wouldn't ya?
    If only we had unlimited resources:gasp:
  6. Bowtie Man

Bowtie Man Member

I can answer that! As much wood as a wood chuck could if a wood chuck could chuck wood! lol