How much wood would a woodchuck chuck...

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by pmf608, Nov 12, 2011.

1. pmf608

pmf608 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

If a woodchuck could chuck wood?

I can't tell you that, but I do know that an avalanche can haul a little over half a cord of wood. I had to move the cord of firewood we bought from the driveway to the back of the house and this was the easiest way to do it.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

And here's the pile after I finished unloading it.
    [​IMG]

And of course the wood has since been stacked. I couldn't leave it like that over the winter.

2. JnBama

JnBama Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

looks like you chucked wood like a woodchuck would chuck wood

3. Coach24

Coach24 Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

Answer is none if sarge or I see him. Boom he be gone in a cloud o dust:grrrrrr:
    Looks like that Avalanche needs load boosters

4. pmf608

pmf608 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

That's probably the most I'll ever load this truck down. I loaded my silverado right down a few times (~2500 lbs in the bed) but the box on the avalanche isn't big enough for that. Anything heavier I probably wouldn't need to haul during the winter, so the Ford or my trailer would be home to carry it.

On the topic of load boosters though.... I would love an avalanche that could tow a decent trailer if I needed to - but I wouldn't want the 8.1 engine. If I had the money I would take a new Yukon XL 2500 and a new Avalanche, pull the bodies off both, swap the yukon drivetrain for duramax/allison combo, and swap the bodies. Then I'd sell the Yukon 1500 and keep the new 2500 duramax avalanche. I'd put load boosters on a beast like that.

5. Coach24

Coach24 Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

Now ya think Gm would have thunk of doin something like that , wouldn't ya?
    If only we had unlimited resources:gasp:

6. Bowtie Man

Bowtie Man Member

I can answer that! As much wood as a wood chuck could if a wood chuck could chuck wood! lol