1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

How Often Do You Clean Your Truck?

Discussion in 'Detailing & Truck Care' started by ChevyFan, Dec 28, 2011.

?

How Often Do You Clean Your Truck (and other vehicles)

1. I keep it clean all the time

3 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. Once per week usually

12 vote(s)
    66.7%
  3. Couple times per month at the most

3 vote(s)
    16.7%
  4. Hardly ever keep keep it clean

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I think I probably clean out the "trash" about once per week in our vehicles, then depending on what the weather is like I wash maybe 2x or 3x per month.

There are all of these great $3 drive-through car washes that have popped up around here that do a pretty good brush-free job of washing and they usually offer free high-suction vacuums at the end.
  2. silverhobey

silverhobey Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

I continually clean ..no one is allowed to keep garbage in my truck ...you GIGO ( garbaege in, garbage out ).....I wash it at least
    once a week, and in the Winter, sometimes I pressure wash the crap off it twice aweek ( only costs $3 each time ). I do need to do a
    good vacuuming, but it is -10 today and windy. Hope everyone had a good holiday.
    Brian from Ontario, Canada
  3. Red Z71 Max

Red Z71 Max Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I pretty much wash it when it needs it. I don't like riding in a dirty vehicle. Since I don't drive it that much it stays fairly clean.
  4. serg

serg Member

clean once a week, wash twice a month
  5. JnBama

JnBama Active Member 2 Years 500 Posts

Wash it whenever it needs it with clear weather ahead or after visiting my sister when sap, pine needles and bird poop gets all over it, plus there is a good car wash on that side of town.
  6. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

i was it when i needs it luckily it rains in ct enought i barely need to worry about it but trash prob once a week also keep small trash bag in back seat to throw stuff out.
  7. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I mostly ride by myself so I dont ever collect trash inside my truck, and I always get the heavy floormats that trap all the dirt and grass so I can shake them out every couple weeks.
    Washing is another story, summer time I wash the truck about once a month, winter maybe every other month unless we have a snow storm and I need to get chemicals off.
  8. 747

747 Member 2 Years 100 Posts

I always get rid of trash in the truck when I get home. I vacuum and wipe down the interior once a month. I wash the exterior 3-4 times a month.
  9. BrownPats420

BrownPats420 Member 100 Posts

In the same boat as 747
  10. Dylan@Adams

Dylan@Adams Member 100 Posts

I tend to be a weekly washer, but more frequently as needed. Recently, as painful as it was I had to purposely neglect my truck for 5+ months while I did durability testing on some of our new sealant and wax products. This week I started the process of bringing it back to flawless again. Heres a couple of pics of how it looks when its not being subjected to product tests:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

---------- Post added at 02:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:16 PM ----------

and for anyone interested in following the process of me bringing it back, check out this thread:

http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/detailers-write-ups/15618.htm#post269491