1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

How often do you wax your vehicle?

Discussion in 'POLLing place' started by ChevyFan, Jul 24, 2009.

?

How often do you wax your vehicle? What do you use?

1. I don't really wax, just wash once in a while

10 vote(s)
    8.0%
  2. I go through the carwash - wash and wax

9 vote(s)
    7.2%
  3. I hand wash - soap only

11 vote(s)
    8.8%
  4. I hand wash - soap and wax

11 vote(s)
    8.8%
  5. I hand wash - soap, wax, polishes and more

22 vote(s)
    17.6%
  6. I detail once or twice per year along with washing

29 vote(s)
    23.2%
  7. I detail several times per year along with washing

46 vote(s)
    36.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Just curous how often do folks wash, wax and detail their vehicle. Feel free to check off whatever fields apply.
  2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

How often do you wax your vehicle

Wash 1 or 2 times a week, wax every month and polish twice a year before that months waxing. My wife does her Trailblazer even more (she loves her Trailblazer).
  3. 1st Synthetics

1st Synthetics Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I detail quite often due to some of the environments my truck sits in. Steel mills are hell on paint.
  4. reddedsilvy05

reddedsilvy05 Rockstar

You will rarely see my truck with a spot of dirt on it...everyday i use a california car duster to dust her off and wipe it down with spray detail and a microfiber, i try to wash at least once a week and polish once a month, and ill clay it once a year if i skip out on a polish or waxin...i just love having/driving a clean truck....btw the best products i have used so far is Smartwax
  5. tattooed4life

tattooed4life Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

More than enough in my neighbors mind, but not nearly enough for me!!
  6. 2COR517

2COR517 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Wax........ Is that the stuff that the Karate Kid movies made famous?

I cannot remember the last time I waxed a vehicle. Wash a few times a year.

I am going to try and be more diligent with at least hosing the undercarriages this winter.
  7. ct9a

ct9a Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Hmm, I didn't see an option for not even washing it. I've had my truck for over a year, and the rain and snow is all it gets.
  8. nickgiacalone

nickgiacalone Rockstar 100 Posts

I was the outside weekly, wax monthly and usually polish in the spring and fall. I vaccuum the inside everytime i wash and usually every 2 weeks or so i get the armor all out and do a nice interior detail. the reason i dont do the interior more is because of being in the landscaping/construction line of work, as soon as i get in my truck at the end of the day its dusty on the inside lol. i need to buy a beater to drive to work and back so i can keep my truck clean....or better....convince work to give me a truck to drive home every night :rofl:
  9. WestCoastColy

WestCoastColy Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

I wash weekely. Most of the time using a gas station's touchless drive through car wash.

Detail every 4-6 months. Which includes Clay barring, polish, glaze, wax and sealant.

I use a mixture of products between Zymol, Meguiars, Gloss-It and Pinnacle.
  10. kylegillean

kylegillean Former Member

thats all that 94 piece needs............