1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

How often do you wax your vehicle?

Discussion in 'POLLing place' started by ChevyFan, Jul 24, 2009.

?

How often do you wax your vehicle? What do you use?

1. I don't really wax, just wash once in a while

10 vote(s)
    8.0%
  2. I go through the carwash - wash and wax

9 vote(s)
    7.2%
  3. I hand wash - soap only

11 vote(s)
    8.8%
  4. I hand wash - soap and wax

11 vote(s)
    8.8%
  5. I hand wash - soap, wax, polishes and more

22 vote(s)
    17.6%
  6. I detail once or twice per year along with washing

29 vote(s)
    23.2%
  7. I detail several times per year along with washing

46 vote(s)
    36.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Curky

Curky Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

I think I do mine too much.:no: I wash by hand once a week. I wax by hand once every two weeks, I clay bar one a month. Only in early spring to early fall and winter months I wash and wax once a month at a spray wash and rinse when dirty.
  2. SWAT13

SWAT13 Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 100 Posts

9 hrs huh? Ur hired..i'll bring mine right over!! :rofl:
  3. TexasTechRaider

TexasTechRaider Member 2 Years 500 Posts

I wash my truck twice a week, but wax it every two months. I detail the inside once a month or more if needed. As for the wheels well, lately i've cleaned them every other day.
  4. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I hand wash as often as I feel necessary based on bugs, dirt, debris, etc. I wax/detail twice, annually (spring and fall, basically). I try to beat the pollen fall with my first wax of the year, as it's heavy here -- meaning things are covered in yellow powder for nearly a month. Said yellow powder combined with water is bad mojo for paint -- hence waxing before it hits.

I then wax again in the fall before it gets too cold to hand wash much. I wait as long as I can before doing it so that my wax gets through to spring, again. :)

I will detail (without claying or waxing) 4-5 times per year depending on weather and travel.
  5. BASSIST

BASSIST Rockstar 100 Posts

Just washed, clay bared and waxed mine tonight after work. Tomorrow I'll do the wheels, tires and interior.
  6. Untouchable

Untouchable Member 2 Years 100 Posts

I wash once a week, and wax once every two months or so...clay bar in the Spring and Fall if I have time.
  7. Coach24

Coach24 Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

Every other month just to keep that wonderful shine
  8. squatchy

squatchy Member 100 Posts

Try to wash every 2-3 weeks, and I've always tried to keep up with a fall wax to help prevent salt corrosion and a spring to get all the crap off. If adam's would ever actually send my stuff I'm trying my hand at buffing for the first time with this truck.
  9. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I have never waxed/detailed my truck. I used to hand-wash it about once a month using a soap from Turtle Wax that claims to have wax in it. Could just be marketing but it certainly looks good aftwe washing. I haven't washed my truck in about three years or so. With the whole right side of the bed crushed in, there's no point in washing it until I get that fixed or replaced. It won't look good until then. :p
  10. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I was mine often. Sometimes twice a week. I hit the quarter car wash, then towel dry it. If at any time I start seeing any fine scratches or anything I don't like I wax it. I wax at least twice a month in the summer and clay bar every other month. In the winter I try to wash it weakly and depending on weather wax it twice during the winter.