1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

How Often To Replace Oxygen Sensors?

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by Tom Evans, Feb 25, 2013.

1. Tom Evans

Tom Evans Rockstar

I have a 2002 Suburban with the 5.5 L flex fuel engine (Z) at 140K miles. I am getting no codes and the vehicle runs well.

Should I be concerned about the oxygen sensors?

The sensors are Denso and appear to be original (I have owned the Suburban since 80K). If I need sensors, should I use the part number stamped on the present sensors or go with the latest shown in the GM parts catalog. The numbers are not the same! There also seems to be some confusion in the parts catalogs concerning the connectors. Some show an in-line 4 pin connector and other catalogs show a 2X2 pin arrangement. For what it's worth, my Suburban was assembled in the Mexico plant.
  2. RayVoy

RayVoy Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

O2 sensors will get lazy before they fail and when they get lazy, it usually lowers the mpg.

There is no set rule that I know of, but I change mine when I change the plugs.
  3. TimTom64b

TimTom64b Member 2 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner Gold Member

Manufactures say around 50k...