Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

How to access blend door??!!??!!

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by vncj96, Jun 5, 2011.

1. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

My BEAST has a little vent problem. I cant get anything to come out of the vents, every other postion is just fine at all speeds so it has to be the blend door not moving correctly, I know it had been sticky over the last year or so. I have no idea what to look for or where to even start to correct this issue, Thank You!!
  2. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

To get to the blend door you pretty much have to pull the dash, however you should be able to get to the servo that controls it from the bottom, and see if that is bad before you need to go that far.. im cant seem to find the thread that talks the most about this, it has pics as well. on where to find it in the C/K series trucks. i wish i had taken pictures on my 88 when i did it since the HVAC system is the same.
  3. 2COR517

2COR517 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

The blend door actuator is by the driver's foot. Remove it and see if you can direct the airflow manually.
  4. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Thanks, it was right on top of the transmission hump, all it took was 1 screw to remove the floor air deflector and there it was. It was a gasket of some kind that had got wedged in the actual flap and kept it from moving, literaly took 2 mins to take care of.
  5. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Don't you just love those easy, quick repair's.