How To Build Boxes For 6x9's

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by MTM, Dec 29, 2011.

1. MTM

MTM New Member

I am wanting to build boxes for my new 6x9's but don't know if the volume inside will be enough. I'm wanting to put them behind my seat but face up so the sound will travel up. My problem and question I guess is will a box that's only 4'' tall be enough to sound good? I was wondering if making it longer would compensate for the height? Any thoughts or ideas would be great.
  2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator

Making it longer will be fine too. As long as the Air Volume is the same. Which speakers are you useing? Are you amping them?
  3. MTM

MTM New Member

They are pioneers and no I'm not. The way the amp is set i cant just put voices through them it's either all sub or all voices and if I did that then my sub would sound muddy.
  4. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator

Ok Bad news time.. Do you like Ear bleeeds? If so stay with the Pioneers.. They are very bright and Harsh speakers. And with out any power you will not even get any Midbass.. Please tell me your not going with their 3-4 way 6x9's? Please look at a 2 way Alpine,Focal,JL Audio,Rockford. What else is in the truck?
  5. MTM

MTM New Member

I have 12" phoenix golds And I just recently put the pioneer door speakers in.the subs have 1200 watts to them.the reason I was looking into 6x9's is because for some reason my back speakers don't work and the only to get to them is to pull half the interior apart
  6. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator

Ok what amp are you useing? Whats in front? What head unit are you useing?
  7. MTM

MTM New Member

I think it's a Nitro idk it's some amp a guy gave me and it's been bad ass so far.and I have pioneer door speakers and also the deck is pioneer
  8. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator

Ok so you are missing all your midbass... And if you are just powering your door and rear speaker with the Head unit giving 18 watts RMS then your ears will bleed soon.. What is the RMS power at 12 volts of that amp?
  9. MTM

MTM New Member

Have no clue
  10. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator

Well my guess is that it's a 2 Ch amp and just powering the subs.. What do you listen to? Do you want Nice Clean and Loud sound? Or just Loud?
  11. MTM

MTM New Member

I listen to pretty much everything country,rock,a little rap just for the bass.mainly clear with a nice clean loud sound....doesn't have to be crazy loud