How to: De-Badge and De-Mold your vehicle

Discussion in 'How-to Guides' started by bzboardco, Dec 30, 2008.

1. MentalMike

MentalMike New Member

My truck is white with white moldings and I just don't like the look. I think I'll take them off. Thanks for the how-to and the information. :glasses:

2. 4shongo

4shongo New Member

I love the eraser wheel. Taken many stickers off my rides over the years.

3. 1st Synthetics

1st Synthetics Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I know I just took off my door moldings 2 weeks ago and I needed the wheel to get the adhesive off. They must use a stronger glue on the moldings than the badges.

4. hunky

hunky Rockstar 100 Posts

Just park it in the sun,let it heat up,pull it off with your fingers. Did my '07 classic this way in less than 15 min.

5. whtburb96

whtburb96 New Member

well i already debadged the suburban all i used was a plastic razor blade scratch x and wax...but i think im going to get an eraser wheel from the snap on guy to take of the molding sooo looks like ill do that this weekend....hope theres no holes.

6. Duncan_Z71

Duncan_Z71 Rockstar

yall please quit doing this to these truck.
    i dont see how nobody doesnt like the molding on the doors.
    then everybody take all the chevy and silverado 1500 stuff off.
    then when you buy a 4 wheel drive you take the z71 off.

my opinion its retarded.

7. bzboardco

bzboardco Rockstar 100 Posts

My opinion is that molding is nothing but a piece plastic that holds moisture against the side of the truck and is a great way for rust to form in an area that is not visible. Be Classy without bein Trashy. I like the smooth lines of my truck and the molding and badges are eye sores. :neutral::great:

8. x1LSUTigerfan

x1LSUTigerfan Member

i think i might remove mine the chrome is peeling and flaking off into peices
    anybody know if they are glued or cliped on a 93 chevy and where i could find som 08 silverado side emblems for cheap?

Last edited: Nov 29, 2009
  9. Stealth

Stealth Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Good stuff guys. The article was excellent with some excellent pictures. Do you mind if I save them to use on my porject, as a guideline? Also, my S10 logos are embedded in the molding, any ideas on how to get the modling off without taking off the emblems?

10. TonyHimself

TonyHimself Member

i was wondering what would be good to take the excess tape off, but im still indecisive because my trucks white, so im not sure if i'd be able to take the outline it'll leave behind off :(