1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

How to: De-Badge and De-Mold your vehicle

Discussion in 'How-to Guides' started by bzboardco, Dec 30, 2008.

1. silverhobey

silverhobey Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

not sure if I will attempt to de-badge or not, especially seeing as it's brand new ??!! I do like the look of the tailgates de-badged, so maybe when she turns 6 or 7 months old I might try. A buddy of mine does it all the time, so I'll probably ask his help ( just to make sure he knows he is needed !!!! )
  2. Jeremy09LTZCrew

Jeremy09LTZCrew Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I appreciate this write-up. As soon as I get some time back home with the truck this is one of the first things I'd like to do. I want to paint the bowties anyway, so this will give me another reason to take them off and wax the whole thing.
  3. LOVINTHESTORM

LOVINTHESTORM Active Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Will be doing this very soon. Not quite sure which of the many methods I will be trying yet. Awaiting the arrival of newly ordered led tail lights and volant cai I ordered might just have a customize your truck day. Already have black billet gmc badge to replace the back just hadn't had the time and been thinking about removing the side molding as well. Think I've def made up my mind on that now.
  4. Gryphon

Gryphon Rockstar 100 Posts

My '99 was glued on too. Now the front bumper's cladding is 'punched in'. I'll be looking at swapping bumpers with my '94 C2500 I think...it's a smoothie. Otherwise, it'll be an LMC bumper for me.
  5. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I'd recommend doing it the sooner the better. Ive had everything removed for awhile other than my door molding. I just removed those and there sooo much glue, thank god it's finals week and I can go back home and get it in the shop. She might be getting a new jet black paint job if I can get bumper this weekend
  6. Andy_Panda

Andy_Panda New Member

Very good write up I love the look of a clean body

- - - Updated - - -

Very good write up I love the look of a clean body
  7. Andy_Panda

Andy_Panda New Member

Well I'm planning on doing this to my 95 suburban since the molding on the sides is peeling and all rusty looking , and I love the clean look it gives the vehicle ...I've de badged many of my other vehicles in the past and a lot of my friends say they like it ...everyone had their own opinion ...live free man
  8. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

old thread but....
    just did this over the weekend! worked out amazingly.

fishing line and that eraser pad did wonders