1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

How To Debadge your NBS Silverado

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by WaldoAZ, Apr 30, 2008.

Random Gallery Photos

1. WaldoAZ

WaldoAZ New Member

Hi Guys,
    Well, I decided to debadge my truck and am going to show you how to do it easily.
    Here is what is needed:
    HEAT GUN
    SOME SORT OF ID OR PLASTIC CARD
    TOWEL
    GOO-GONE OR OOPS
    DETAILER SPRAY TO FINISH IT UP
    [​IMG]
    1. The trucks are fairly new so taking the emblems off is as easy as using your ID to slip it in between the truck and the empblem and gradually pulling it off. YOU WILL ONLY HAVE THE ADHESIVE TO DEAL WITH AFTER TAKING THE EMBLEMS OFF!
    NOTE: DO NOT FORCE THE EMBLMES OFF BY PRESSING THEM AGAINST THE BODY OF THE TRUCK BECAUSE YOU WILL END UP SCRATCHING THE PAINT. SIMPLY SLIP CARD IN AND PULL OFF.
    [​IMG]
    2. Now that the emblems are off, it is time to tackle the adhesive. There are two ways to do this . which are:
    -heating it and rubbing it off (it will burn you since the heat gun was on it). Only try to rub it off as much as you can as you will use the goo gone or oops to take the remaining adhesive off.
    -If you have long enough finger nails on your hand, you can take it off gradually, but it is time consuming. Please remember that you only need to take part if it off as you will use the goo gone or oops for the rest.
    NOTE: BY TAKING ONLY PART OF IT OFF, I MEAN TO TAKE THE ADHESIVE OFF TO THE POINT WHERE THERE IS ONLY A THIN LAYERS ON THE EMBLEMS.
    NOTE: THE REAR BOWTIE EMBLEM ADHESIVE WILL BE A PAIN TO TAKE OFF, BUT IT IS POSSIBLE. TAE YOUR TIME AND DO IT GRADUALLY.
    3. Now you just need to use the goo gone or oops and apply it, let it set for a little bit, and remove with the towel. Repeat this until the adhesive is completely off.

4. Use a detailer spray(what ever brand you like) and finish it off!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2009
  2. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

nice write up.... truck looks nice!
  3. MiDiablo

MiDiablo New Member

Lookin' good... I debadged my Silverado also:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

-Jo$h
  4. WaldoAZ

WaldoAZ New Member

Nice truck Diablo
  5. jerrynino

jerrynino New Member 100 Posts

woah that looks pretty sweet... will the goo gone blemish the paint finish?
  6. Aiblinger

Aiblinger New Member

I have heard that using dental floss is another good way to take badges off... I have wanted to debadge my truck for a while now and I thank you for posting your How To and your results!
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2008
  7. catbert

catbert New Member

Dental tape is better than dental floss. It's much tougher, and rarely breaks.
  8. Aiblinger

Aiblinger New Member

I just took the big bowtie off my tailgate the other day. That was a pain but the truck sure looks better now (to me, at least). I hesitated a long time in removing it because I was afraid there would be pilot holes to locate the badge. When I saw this thread (and that there are no holes) I no longer had an excuse not to do it. Thanks!

oh yeah, the floss wasn't such a good idea after all... I used an old plastic card and a lot of time peeling adhesive once I got the badge off. I will try dental tape to augment the card for any future efforts.
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2008
  9. ChevyguyArmen

ChevyguyArmen New Member

Looks real clean, I just started tonight with my tailgate bow-tie. I need to wax the area tomorrow to see how it looks. I may decide to do the rest of the truck if it looks clean.
  10. suede

suede New Member

anyone want to give/sell their lettering to a good soul looking to get some? lol