1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

How to disconnect Fuel Injector connectors

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by IWannaGoFishin, Feb 16, 2013.

1. IWannaGoFishin

IWannaGoFishin New Member

I'm feeling really stupid, but I cannot get them off.

04 Suburban. 5.3. Disconnecting the harness from the injectors, so I can remove the intake and replace the Knock Sensors. The instructions in my Chilton book state "Pull the retainer up, push in on the tab and disconnect the electrical connector from the Fuel Injector". I'm able to pull the retainer up, but don't really find the "tab" that they are talking about. But I've pushed and pulled on everything I can find. Still not coming off. I'm afraid I'm going to break it. Any tips would be appreciated. Here's what I'm seeing.

Fuel Injector with connector in place.
    #1.jpg

Fuel Injector with Retainer pulled up to first stop position.
    #2.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

And here's what the injector looks like with the retainer pulled completely off.
    #3.jpg

Please help. I'm stuck.

- - - Updated - - -

Never mind. Just got the first one off. Had to squeeze harder at the top of the connector.

What a bi$%&. 7 more to go :)