1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

How To Fight A Speeding Ticket

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by ChevyFan, Nov 8, 2011.

1. GMCErica

GMCErica Rockstar 3 Years GMTC Chick 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

You don't know me, or know what I am about.. I got 10 years experience, I have done it all; community officer to criminal investigator, to marijuana grow op investigator.. I am also a regular person, who has been to court in and not in uniform... So, I know how nervous you can be about court..My opinion and advice is just that, not meant to push it on others.. I have been posting my opinions and advice (cause I know what i am talking about) for months, and most people on here know that I don't talk crap.. My last post is my experiences and opinions in court.. are you an Officer?? do you know what it is like to go to court and testify as an officer?? IF Steve wants to plead not guilty, then that is his own business..
    Thats all i am gonna say about that. My opinions and posts are just that.

2. Caddiac

Caddiac Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

You made her mad Texas Kid. Probably a good idea for you to avoid B.C. for the next decade or so till she cools off. Don't let her good looks fool ya, she could rip your larynx out in a second. LOL

3. Texas Kid

Texas Kid New Member

I guess I did make her mad. And all I said was she didn't sound like a "PO-lice" (that's the way we say it down here in Texas!). I said that just because of the way she came across. And, she still doesn't sound like one to me - but maybe it's because they don't have real police in BC, I don't know.

She wanted to know if I'm an officer. I'm a "former" "big city cop" (in that big city about 38 miles East of Fort Worth, TX.). I've done my share of testifying in court on traffic tickets, etc. That's about all I have to say about it.... but if she looks as good as the gal in that avatar, she can rip my larynx out anytime!

4. GMCErica

Well, I guess that you don't know much about Canada, cause we have like four kinds of Officers here, from municipal to Federal. Never heard of the RCMP?? So tell me "big city cop" what does a Police Officer sound like eh?

This is why most people don't post, because some people make some random judgement about something or someone that they know nothing about, and make a comment that should not have been said.. Did I ever insult you? Did I say, woah, that guy doesn't know what he is talking about? or that comment was dumb? No, I never once said anything about you...there is no need to post a comment like that, you wanna post stuff about me, then private message me, don't insult me over the forum.

5. Caddiac

Taste in women vary from guy to guy but I have been kinda hoping she would rip my larynx out.

6. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

What, exactly, do cops 'sound like'? I've known a number of them through the years and ALL of them, even you, exercise personal judgment. Why? Because if you tried to tackle every infraction you saw without looking the other way on some ... you'd be busy writing tickets for 5-6 over and possibly missing the more serious infraction of 20 over.

You folks do the most good you can, out there. She obviously draws the line differently from how you do. She might be a bit more people-oriented than you, too -- as not all cops are authoritarians despite the picture painted by Hollywood.

7. Texas Kid

Texas Kid New Member

Caddiac, don't worry, you are probably next! Hey, is that a Jack Russell? Man, those dogs are like a stick of dynomite with legs!

GMCErica, Look, I'm sorry, I was just making a comment that you didn't come across like a law enforcement officer. There must be a big difference between Canada and Texas. Didn't mean to insult you. I apologize.

8. Caddiac

Yep he is a Long Haired Jack Russell. He is about 12 years old. Finally slowing down some. I am glad.......
    Cat did not live long enough to see it. She was tired of the sexual advances.

9. GMCErica

There are differences between Canadian and American law enforcement; training, uniform, etc.. but how you treat people on and off the job not an officer thing, it is a person thing.. I guess doing this for 10 years now, I don't feel the need to do my job with guns-a-blazin' anymore.. lol Thank you for the apology!

10. IanF

IanF Rockstar 100 Posts

Erica, you sound like the kind of officer it is a pleasure to meet on the road, even when you are in the wrong. Nothing I hate worse than getting stopped by a YRP local cop with an attitude and a cinder block of a chip on his shoulder. If everyone treats each other with respect and honesty, these things usually work themselves out for the best.