1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

How to fix rims?

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by Banshee, Mar 22, 2008.

1. Banshee

Banshee New Member

Okay, first let me express my hatred for Wisconsin winters. I HATE THEM. I bought new rims and tires a few months ago, and I just put them on last weekend thinking winter was over. But no, of course it has to go and snow 5 more inches. It snowed Thursday night, and I just got done washing my new rims right now. The salt sat on them for about a day, and they look HORRIBLE. I have Eagle Alloy Series 186 rims. I sprayed some wheel cleaner on them, scrubbed them, and put a little wax on. They still look like crap. There's little black and white spots on them. Not even really that noticeable, but I sure can see it. Is there some kind of cleaner or polishing system or something, anything, that will make them look like new and shine again? I don't care how much it costs. I think I'm done ranting, thanks. :)
  2. JayMack75

JayMack75 Former Member

See if you can find some wenol. Thats good stuff...takes a little polishing, but they will shine better than new.
  3. black jack

black jack Rockstar 100 Posts

try using mothers with a buffer polisher. or you can try Eagle One never dull . it might work but id try mothers first.
  4. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I use mothers powermetal aluminum polish with the mothers powerball on my wheels and it cleans them up great... Id try that