1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

How to get to the power mirror pad underside for cleaning?

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by buckmeister2, Nov 30, 2012.

1. buckmeister2

buckmeister2 Member

My power mirrors do not work at all, and it was recommended that i thoroughly clean the contact area on the pad. I have removed the cover/trim, and pulled connection, but cannot see how to get the switch separated from the pad (or, how to get to the pad to clean it). Ideas????

thanks,
    Jim
  2. Is it both mirrors? Also what kind of truck and year?
  3. Kady

Kady New Member

Besides just cleaning it, (however you get it off) you should make sure you're getting power to the switch..
  4. j cat

j cat Active Member 1000 Posts

I did this about 6 yrs ago. took about a half hour. no tools required . this all snaps together.clean the circuit board pad pick up with alcohol and a Q tip lightly.

best do this at warm temps. if you break it get new / no big deal.

if the mirror goes up not down etc this would be the pads dirty not a power / mirror issue.