1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

How to install door handles nnbs

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by dadngt, Apr 15, 2012.

1. dadngt

dadngt Rockstar 100 Posts

I just noticed my door handles are looking grey compaired to the rest of the truck. I would like to paint the handle buckets gloss black to match, then maybe some real chrome (not plastic cover) door handles. Found some on ebay thats not a crew cab set lol. I'm sure I'll have to remove the interior door panels but beyond that what all is involved in installing door handles? Are there rivits I'll have to drill out :(? If I miss the auction then I may just paint the handles gloss black also.
  2. 07XCSB

07XCSB Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

2 10mm nuts/bolts. One on each end of the handle. Very easy to do once you got the door panel out of the way and the plastic moister barrier pealed down. Another little tip, Make sure your window is all the way up.
  3. dadngt

dadngt Rockstar 100 Posts

Sounds easy. I also need to oil the window mech. because it squeeks real bad at times. My old Mustang had rivits holding the door handles on & it took forever to drill them out. Thanks for the quick reply