How to make the 1500 series silverado height the same as HD or 2500 series silverado

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by lube70, Jan 2, 2013.

1. lube70

lube70 Member

I have an 06 1500 Series silverado and did not want to spend $2000 on suspension lift and only want like a 2" or 3" lift. Will a body lift or some kind of change be done so that I can have that same height look.

Saw a body lift kit from jegs for $400 and wondered if it was worth it.

Was going to do keys and add a leaf if that is a better direction.

Please help me make an educated choice!!!

Thanks
    Don

2. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I believe you can get 2-ish inches of lift out of a Readylift leveling kit for about 250 clams -- assuming you install it, yourself. Readylift tends to get some pretty good reviews. However, there's no substitute for word-of-mouth commentary and, if I recall correctly, [MENTION=44531]Sierraowner5.3[/MENTION] has one and did the installation, himself. Granted, his install was for a NNBS truck whereas you and I have NBS trucks, but still, he can give you some insight as to the installation process and what he thinks of the kit.

3. BlackSmoke*

BlackSmoke* Member 1 Year

ReadyLift is what came to my mind as-well. I am thinking about getting one down the road. It may come sooner then I thought tho. :D SurrealOne said what I was thinking and more. :D

4. shibby2oo8

shibby2oo8 Member 2 Years 100 Posts

You can do keys and blocks, or i have seen 2500 torsion bars in a 1500 which is kind of the same method. Imho the body lifts show too much frame and only the body sits higher.