1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

How to remove a 2004 suburban door?

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by LaTechDawgs, Jul 27, 2013.

1. LaTechDawgs

LaTechDawgs New Member

Hey guys. I have a 2004 suburban and have bought a new door to replace the dented one (rear passenger). I cant figure out how to take it off though. Does it have to be cut off with a torch or does it somehow raise up over the pins? Any help would be great!! Thanks.

2. BurbanMan

BurbanMan Member 1 Year 500 Posts

This may be apples to oranges but I had to pull hinge and everything off my 90 dodge ram because the pins are press in.

Do you have photos of the hinge?

3. LaTechDawgs

LaTechDawgs New Member

Hey, thanks for the reply. I ended up riding out to the local mechanic and he told me exactly how to.

4. BurbanMan

BurbanMan Member 1 Year 500 Posts

No Info to share?! Your so stingy! Lol just messin. Would really like to see some DIY info though if you can post it! :)

5. Hammer and old 6" 1/4 drive extension. Whack away when ready.:rofl:

6. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

How hard was out to get off?